What is Medicare?
Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people age 65 or older. Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare, too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure. The program helps with the cost of health care, but it doesn’t cover all medical expenses or the cost of most long-term care. If you choose to have original Medicare coverage, you can buy a Medicare supplement policy (called Medigap) from a private insurance company to cover some of the costs that Medicare does not.
Medicare is divided into four categories.
- Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) helps pay for inpatient care in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (following a hospital stay). Part A also pays for some home health care, and hospice care.
- Medicare Part B (medical insurance) helps pay for services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventive services.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) includes all benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B. Some plans include Medicare prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D) and other extra benefits and services.
- Medicare Part D (Medicare prescription drug coverage) helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.
What Medicare options are available?
There are several alternative plans you can choose from for additional coverage. As your independent Medicare resource, I can offer you several different plans from private insurance companies. So you are guaranteed to get the best plan to fit your individual needs here are Medicare plans that I can assist you with:
- A Medicare Advantage Plan
- A Medicare Supplemental Plan
- A Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
Have additional questions? No matter the situation I can help you get answers.
- I'm turning 65 but will continue to work, should I stay on my employer plan?
- I just relocated to Florida, do I need to change my Medicare Advantage plan?
- I recently retired, what is the time frame to enroll in Medicare?
- I never signed up for Part D when I was 65, how much will my penalty be if I sign up now?
- I'm a veteran, what are my other options?
- I need help paying for my prescription drugs?
- I recently lost my spouse and am down to one income, do I qualify for other benefits?
Contact me to get answers today at 1-239-404-1884.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.